click to see pictures without slideshow

Saturday 10 December 2011

AMERICAN PARTY!

So I have been dying of illness but there was an American party the day after we got back from Florence, and I couldn’t resist. So of course, Katie and I went all out…wouldn’t expect anything less. They advertised this party as “all things American” which apparently they associate with frats, sororities, cheerleaders, jocks, nerds, beer pong, red cups and tom brady. They actually had a beer pong table set up but it was literally like on the floor.
For some reason they don’t have solo cups here and they are amazed that we actually drink out of them. I’ve been asked, “you really drink out of those red cups?! I thought it was only in the movies”. Haha….its so funny.
So most people were dressed as football players/cheerleaders and a bunch of other things I don’t remember. But Katie and I were basically just 2 dumb Americans. The usual…
We went to LAVA and they have a sweet deal of buy one drink get one free. So Katie and I each ordered 2 drinks and 2 jagerbombs. All of these drinks were sitting in front of us when we handed the bartender our card and she told us they only take cards with chips.
(cards with chips are what they use over here now, instead of a swipe you just insert the tip of the credit card where it scans a chip)
so that was awkward... there were 8 drinks in front of us and we had zero cash. So we said we would be right back and we went across the street to an ATM, in our fullout American outfit. I put my debit card in, typed in my pin and then read a message that said, “Sorry your card has been retained, please contact your bank” then we saw my card kind of coming back out of so we were both frantically trying to grab at it. But the message was right…my card was then retained. Not good. Then Katie thought it would be a good idea to try hers because I have had issues with my debit card since I got here so we assumed it was just my card that had the issue. Well the same message popped up for Katie and again we were caught frantically trying to grab her card back out of the machine. It was horrible. Horrible 1. That our cards were just taken and horrible 2. That now we have no way of buying drinks. We figured we would deal with the horrible 1. In the morning and went back in to LAVA and borrowed 20pounds from Sarah. Thanks Sarah!
But yeah it was really fun. It was basically like the fourth of July for us haha. And although I definitely should not have gone out…it was worth it. I could never turn down a USA party.

No comments:

Post a Comment